The FUN DAYS we have at Miss Karri's

Sunday, December 31, 2017

CANDYLAND

This is the start of Candyland for our Christmas theme party this year and following years to come.
I wanted to create something really cool and bright with colorful candies and snow everywhere. I honestly have so much going on in life but my candy land ideas kept growing and I really didn't think it would take over my weekends and weekdays gathering and building everything.  It def paid off...the kids got to experience playing a life size game of Candy Land for a week.  What a blast it was.  I started right here with a large box from Lowes and went from there.




We laid out the board before I painted it.  The mailbox was just a plain white one we ordered on amazon and I just painted stuff on it and added some snow.





These large candy canes...I made out of pool noodles.  I put a wire hanger through them and wrapped them with duct tape from the dollar tree.


The candies hanging from the ceiling were made from pool noodles cut in half and the circle ones are just paper plates I painted like a peppermint.  The suckers next to the easel are just styrofoam circles from amazon wrapped up with a dowel rod for the stick.  The candies laying in the snow are balls we use for indoor soccer.  I just wrapped them up.










This is our ice cream cone.  It definitely needs improvement.  I used buffalo snow in a bag, spray painted it pink, and wrapped it with pink tulle.  My cone is not sturdy or big enough so I need to figure something different for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment